• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, January 10, 2011

weekend adventures 14

This weekend was super relaxing because I had no where in Portland to run off to. It felt kinda nice to stick around at home for a few days.

friday
A few months ago I had met up for dinner with my friend Laura from my days in Ashland at SOU (here & here). Friday night she sent me a message letting me know that she was back in Corvallis and that we should meet up again soon, so I called her up and we went out for drinks and pizza at Crowbar downtown. It was really fun catching up some more. We had sort of lost touch after a bit of a falling out back then, but obviously, we are both completely different people now. It is weird to get back together with someone like that because it is almost as if no time has passed. Makes for an easy 'new' friend. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and ended up going back to my house to play some games on Hayden's new xbox Kinect, which is super fun by the way. Unfortunately I got a little bit too in to bowling and ended up scrapping the leather off of my favorite pair of boots! :( :( :(

[[ me/laura then: 2004. laura now. my ruined shoe. me on saturday wearing my new oversized menswear shirt from h&m. screenshots of me and pat playing w the kinect. ]]

saturday
In an attempt to recognize one of my New Years Resolutions I started organizing some seriously messy areas of our house, like the 'vacant' but not so vacant bedroom we have yet to rent out. It took me all day, but it is a lot more organized now. I still have a long way to go though with all of my art supplies which can no longer be stuffed into the hall closet. I need an office again... bad. After all of that, we had some people over, most notably Pat's friend Adam who we had not seen in a while, along with Megan, who I convinced to drive the hour down to Corvallis at 10:30pm! Now that is a friend. We ended up having a lot of fun. :)

sunday
Sunday was a super lazy day. We had biscuits and gravy, courtesy of my lovely boyfriend (delicious as always), watched movies, played games, went to sleep. The end. Super relaxing. Just what I needed. In fact, today I actually feel refreshed for once.