• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

harry potter?

Quite a while ago Pat started listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks. I made fun of him because I thought it was really silly to be listening to a book instead of reading one, and Harry Potter at that. I have now officially eaten my words completely.

I initially resisted the Harry Potter obsession due to my little sisters constant attempts at impersonating a british accent, and based on my impression that this series was for children after the first movie was released back in 2001. Therefor I never really had any desire to read any of the books... until the story started getting a bit darker, as evident by the films. Then it sparked a bit more of my interest.

So, over the summer I started listening to each of the seven books chronologically while it was a bit slower at work. I JUST finished the second part of the last book 'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows'. 1) I currently feel like the biggest nerd ever. 2) It was soooo good. 3) I would definitely listen to the whole series over again, in fact, I might at some point. 4) I am kind of sad that I finished it, that must mean it is good. And 5) I would absolutely recommend the Harry Potter audiobooks (as read by Jim Dale) to anyone who has some time to listen to them.

My apologies to Pat. 

[[ harry potter box set. and yes, pat does own this. i bought it for his birthday. ]]


P.S. Sorry Edward/Jacob lovers, I'm still NOT into Twilight. :)