• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

this one time i had short hair,
and a friend i called mylanta...

Freshmen year of college I was down in Ashland going to school at SOU and meeting a ton of new people. One of the first friends I made was a girl named Alena who was from Tigard. We soon became pretty much inseparable and got in to a bunch of trouble together. I am not sure if I even remember how this came up, but within our group of girlfriends her nickname was Mylanta, and mine was Chief. Unfortunately she left after the first term, and though she came to visit a few times, and I did meet up with her the summer after Freshmen year for my birthday, I did not see her much after that. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago... I got a Facebook message from Alena saying that she was in Corvallis going to school and wanted to meet up, so last night we met for dinner and drinks at Bar 101 to catch up. I seriously felt like I was going on a girl date, because I was a little nervous considering it had literally been about six years since we had spoken in person. It was great catching up though! We definitely still get along, and I can see myself getting in to some trouble once again with this one.

Also, tonight just so happens to be Alena's birthday and I will be meeting back up with her tonight, just like old times. Happy Birthday Mylanta!

[[ pictures from freshman year at sou. ]]