• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, October 6, 2011

our 'new' place (tour) :: part II

I started this home posting off last week with Part I which gives a little peak into our living room, kitchen/dining room, and office. Part II, shows off the rest of the space including our bedroom/closet, guest room, and bathrooms very briefly.




bedroom
Despite these images, our bedroom is actually pretty large, or maybe it just feels that way with the high ceilings. Having a ceiling fan directly over our bed is one of my favorite parts, especially over the summer. We definitely have a lot of work left to do in the room though. There is a large empty wall above my dresser begging for some artwork, and as you can see, there are many pictures randomly placed about. The room is pretty much an assortment of all of my favorite little treasures collected over the years, and some Ikea bedding. I love it though. I think I want to paint something gigantic to go on the empty wall with lots of color since the room is super mellow and subdued right now.

Finally we have a walk in closet!! (though, I have to say it does not fit as much as I might have thought... if only I had it to myself). I love having my clothes, shoes, purses, belts, etc. all in one place though, it makes getting dressed in the morning so much easier. I also have a little rug on the floor and my Jenn hanger from Tiffany hanging up on the wall.



bathroom(s)
Nothing too exciting about a bathroom... I just figured I would include them for reference. Absinthe poster, candy dishes, my ring box, my necklaces hanging up on the wall, illustrations in gold frames. The usual. (The framed "hey there, tiger" print is one of my most prized possessions). 


hallway/spare bedroom
One of the great things about this place is that it is three bedrooms, thus allowing us to have a space for friends to stay the night. Perfect since we love having company on the weekends. Right now our friends Rory and Megan seem to be fighting over who's official room it is. A ton of my random artwork is hanging up in the hallway, and the extra room is a mish mash of everything else at the moment. I would like to give it more of its own look at some point, but for now large acrylic paintings and beaded pillows from Saturday Market years ago will suffice. 
[[ part two of our new place. ]]