• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, September 22, 2011

weekend adventures 41

Last weekend was a little bit happy and a little bit sad, but I was happy to have an old and a new friend to keep me company and help cheer me up on Sunday. Thank you so much Megan and Bronx!

saturday
Pat had made super secret plans with our friend Alicia to meet her and her husband Nate for some wine tasting. It was part of Alicia's anniversary gift to him. In the morning we got up, ready, and headed up to Carlton for an adventure. It was rainy on and off all day and not super warm, but we still made the best of the day venturing to various tasting rooms and even having a little picnic lunch with delicious veggies and snacks from Alicia's garden. Since me and Pat got such an early start and the two of them were staying at a hotel for the night, we headed home around dinner time.

[[ old barn. grape vines. nate/alicia. terra vina. the drizzly drive home. ]]


saturday night
My friend Megan had been contemplating coming down to Corvallis for the weekend all week long... and finally I convinced her to head out and bring her new love with her as a surprise for Pat. Megan is very impulsive (she disagrees), and one morning I got an email from her saying "Guess what... I got a puppy yesterday." What!? Was my response, because I had not even heard her talking about it before. Apparently she went to the Humane Society, fell in love, and the rest is history. Anyway, I was super excited to meet the little guy, Bronx, who is part black lab, part pit bull, and all the way adorable.

Pat is obsessed with puppies and we plan on getting one of our own someday, so I did not tell him she was coming because I wanted it to be a surprise. His reaction was priceless. Megan walks in the door with puppy in tow and yells "Surprise!". Pat goes "Oh, hey." with NO reaction what so ever because he is playing video games. So I go "Hey Pat, I think you missed something." and immediately he yells, "Puppy!". The rest of the night was made up of drinks, our friend Rory coming by with his puppy Harlow and his lady, puppy play time, Mario Kart for Nintendo 64, and the movie Clueless. We did not go to bed until about 4:30 in the morning. Ugh.


sunday (johni day)
Sunday Sept 18th, 2011 was exactly one year after our friend Johni passed away, so me and Pat wanted to do/eat/watch some things that reminded us of her. I mentioned all of the specifics in my post on Monday which was dedicated to her, but for a summary: Flight of The Concords, Tangled, cornbread, outside time, Alice in Wonderland, and A Lion Among Men. I would like to come up with a little something every year to remember her by. I definitely did a fair share of crying... but since puppy was around, I had a bit of a distraction and was able to play a little bit. I am sure she would have preferred it that way.

[[ still shots from imdb. chili and cornbread for dinner. ]]



Though most of the day consisted of laying around watching movies and playing with the pups, it was a gorgeous day outside, so me and Megan took Bronx out for a nice little walk, slash longboard ride. He is the laziest puppy I have ever seen! Megan grabbed his leash and instead of getting all excited to walk, he started chewing on it and coaxing her in to a game of tug-o-war. THEN to get him to come outside she had to pick him up and set him on the ground in the front yard. What a weirdo. However, once I hopped on my board and we started going he because fascinated with the wheels and was much more inclined to walk, or chase, me. He even tried to hop on a few times and allowed me to set him on the board and push him for a minute! He will be a little skateboarding pooch in no time. Below are some pictures of out little outdoor excursion with the pups.

[[ bronx not wanting to walk. longboarding dog. sleepy. scenery around our place .]]