• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

weekend adventures 36 :: sam & molly's wedding

On our anniversary, me and Pat attended our friend and old roomate Sam's wedding in Kennewick Washington where he now lives! (My pictures from the wedding/reception are not great quality unfortunately).

7/23 - 7/24


friday night
We took it easy and went to bed early, because we had a long day ahead of us Saturday. I have no idea why we did not pack, or even pick out what we were going to wear to the wedding ahead of time. Big mistake...

saturday
We got up early, got ready to go, and then started hectically throwing clothing and necessities in to our overnight bags. Normally I buy a new dress when we have something like this to go to, but I just did not make the time, so I made a huge mess trying to decide what to wear later. Finally I settled on a little blue and white dress I have had for a while, and decided to dress it up a bit with heels and a belt. Since Pat is faster then me, he went and got coffee while I was finishing up my hair. He got back, we threw everything in the car, (almost forgetting the wedding gift), and were off. Iced coffee in hand, and doughnuts for breakfast, super healthy.

The drive was listed as 5.5 hours, but I think we made it in five flat. Really good time. It was a gorgeous day! Hot, all sunshine, and the drive itself had really lovely scenery. We only stopped once, so by the time we reached the hotel I was extremely excited to vacate the car. We ran in to a bit of a snag here, with only an hour to go before the ceremony... I had requested an earlier check in with the hotel, but when I arrived, the woman at the desk proceeded to call house cleaning only then and have them start cleaning a room for me. Um, excuse me? What is the point of saying that I need my room to be ready because I am in a hurry if you are not even doing it? I mean, at $145 just for one night, I would think maybe a little bit more help would have been nice. Especially since other people walking in magically had their rooms ready. It all goes back to the whole, I am young so you are not taking me seriously thing.  ANYWAY. We finally got in to the room, but had to change and get ready in a huge hurry. We were back down in the lobby within twenty minutes and out the door.

[[ leaving corvallis. my lost sunglasses. scenery along our drive. ]]


Sam's family is very Catholic, so the ceremony was extremely traditional, and of course, took place in a Catholic church. It lasted for a little over an hour and there was a lot of singing, and praying, and chanting, and overall a lot of stuff that I did not quite understand, BUT the bride Molly looked absolutely gorgeous, and I could tell that Sam was elated, and that is all that matters! I was super happy that right when we walked in to the church Nicole, one of the groomsmens girlfriends was the first person we spotted, so that we could at least sit with people we knew.

[[ wedding party. vows. kiss the bride. ]]


After the wedding we all stood outside to watch the newly weds drive away, and then headed over to the reception. Food and drinks, yes please, me and Pat were starving! It was a lot of fun. The highlight of the evening was Sam's rendition of the classic garter belt toss... He decided to spice things up with a little bit of thong humor, if you will. We were shocked because it is not even like Sam at all! Molly was sitting on a chair in the middle of the dance floor waiting for Sam, who the DJ was calling for. Then all of the sudden "The Thong Song" (you remember it, don't even lie), started playing and Sam danced in wearing an obviously stuffed bright pink thong over the top of his suit! He proceeded to dance around for a little bit, and then got down to grab her garter. Because Molly was wearing a long princess gown, Sam put his entire upper body underneath it and then emerged with another bright pink thong and threw it in to the crowd! Molly started dying because she was laughing so hard, and had to stand up and walk in circles a few times. Then Sam revealed his secret by pulling a few more thongs out of his sleeves, but not before un-stuffing his own and throwing it in to the crowd as well. Finally he went in for a second time and successfully retrieved the actual garter. I cannot really say what time me and Pat actually made it in to bed, but I know we slept extremely well.

[[ pat/groom sam. me/pat. pat/the boys. nicole. drinks. ]]


sunday
We both woke up in the morning and laid in bed for a while watching TV and deciding what to do for the day. One of the guys invited us over to his parents house for breakfast, so we eventually decided to take him up on it. After we showered and packed up, I realized that my sunglasses were missing and started a 45 minute hunt for them between the hotel we were staying at, and the one where the reception was held. No luck. My favorite Kensie sunglasses had obviously been scooped up by a new owner never to be recovered. :(

We made it over to Lindy's parents house and everyone was sitting outside in the backyard drinking bloody marys, so we joined in. This was literally the first time I had been able to sit outside all summer long and my legs got totally burnt, shorts tan lines, no good at all. The guys started playing horseshoes, but it was not until I ate some fruit that I actually felt ready for the day. We were here for a long time just messing around and enjoying the nice weather. We left around 5 I believe, grabbed some dinner, and then headed off for the long drive home. We did not listen to music the entire drive home, we just chatted about life and weddings and it was great. Not a bad weekend.

[[ backyard garden. making bloodies. pat. burning feet. ]]