• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, June 24, 2011

weekend adventures 33

Last weekend pretty much consisted only of Saturday, but we definitely made it count. We had a celebration at our new place in honor of our friend Nate's Birthday!

6/17 - 6/19


friday night
The house was still in large part a mess, with boxes everywhere... so in order to get it in working order, I spent all of Friday night organizing, throwing things out, and breaking down boxes. Me and Pat got the place looking pretty good, thanks to the office where we could store everything for the time being for more usable livingroom space.

saturday
Nate and Alicia came over in the early afternoon and took me and Pat Disc Golfing. Have you ever tried this before? It was a lot more fun then I expected, especially since it was rainy outside and not that nice. It is pretty much a combination of Frisbee and Golf, very tough to describe. I have to say I thought I was doing a pretty good job for a first timer, and would love to go again soon, in the sunshine preferably. I got soaked.

A little bit later on Alia Brad's fiance showed up followed by him shortly after and then we opened up a bottle of wine and started to celebrate with good friends, good wine, and a delicious dinner (stuffed burgers with blue cheese and bacon, a stuffed turkey burger for me). I really have no recollection of how late we stayed up, but the night ended with a Led Zeppelin concert DVD and Nate and Alicia passed out on "the blob" our big 'bean bag' chair. Brad and Pat also sang their own rendition of Happy Birthday to Nate with the verse "You make homeless people nervous, and you fell asleep in the love sac."

[[ playing disc golf = being in the secret garden. ]]


sunday
More unpacking and putting away... the story of my life lately. Nothing exciting to report.

[[ alia. pat. me. alicia. nate. missing: brad. ]]