• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, June 23, 2011

weekend adventures 32

Well, I am still waiting on my little sisters to give me some more of the pictures from Graduation, but I do not really feel like waiting to post this any longer, so I will add some more as I receive them (hopefully this weekend).

6/9 - 6/12


thursday night
After work I rushed home to change, met Pat, and we were finally out the door. The graduation was being held in downtown Portland at the Chiles Center. I think we were aiming for 7:30, but arrived around 8, just in time actually to sit down right before the speeches ended and the grads began to get their diplomas. I have now attended ten graduations I believe, so the speeches are all the same. It was weird being back there though in the exact place I graduated high school, watching students in the exact same robes and everything. It is pretty amazing how quickly it seems that time has gone by since then when I look back on it. Next year it will be my baby sister Meagan's turn.

[[ whs class of '11. ]]


After grad me and Pat were going to go grab dinner before I worked at Grad Night all night (something I volunteered to help with since my step mom was one of the people putting it together). When I got to the car to change out of my heels I realized that I had left my entire duffle bag with clothing and makeup and everything for the weekend behind in Corvallis. I was pretty pissed. Luckily I had some Toms in the backseat of my car to put on, but I had to divert my plans completely and drive to my Dad's house in an attempt to find clothing to wear instead of having dinner with Pat. It turns out I sort of over reacted because randomly my step mom had a pair of jeans from F21 that were too small for her and my step sister Jenna, but too big for my little sister Meagan, which meant that they were pretty much my size (though a bit too big in the waist). I grabbed a white Tshirt out of my little sisters closet, used some of her makeup, and was out the door.

Grad night was held at Club Sport, a really nice gym/club where they set up a ton of fun stuff for the students to do and the event goes until 4am. I was in charge of airbrush tattooing with my friend Megan as my assistant. Yea, I had never even tried it before until we had to get started, and since I had to order all of the equipment through random vendors on Amazon, I was not even sure it would all work properly until the moment we started working. As it turns out I got lucky, and though on of the brushes was not working properly, utilizing Megan as more of an assistant worked out better anyway. I did not anticipate people waiting in line for over an hour to get one, and we were busy the entire time. Needless to say by the end I was super tired and the drive home was brutal. When I finally parked along side the curb by my dads house and got out of the car I looked back and realized I had parked completely on the sidewalk and did not even notice because of how it is slanted. The neighbors probably assumed I was drunk or something.

So, that was my super long Thursday night.


friday
It seems to be a tradition among Westview student families to try and out do one another by throwing a grad party with an obscene amount of food. Me, Leah, and Nic went with our parents to Cosco in the morning and bought the most ridiculous amount of food I have ever seen. Then me and Leah had to make it all! Another long day, but since I did not really get to eat the day before, this one had a much sweeter reward. So much fresh fruit, yum!

While I was in Portland cooking, Pat was in Corvallis moving all of the furniture from our old place to the new one with the assistance of his little brother.

[[ shopping cart 1 of 2. the spread. leah manning the grill. my makeshift outfit. corvallis bbq. playing football. creepy breakfast coffee mug. ]] 


saturday
I got up in the morning, had some breakfast, and then headed back down to Corvallis to help Pat with the move. It was the most surreal feeling driving in to town like usual, but going directly to a completely different house, walking inside, and having our livingroom furniture set up in it. I am still getting used to it. We started setting up the kitchen, but quickly lost track of time and had to run out the door to a BBQ over at one of Pats coworkers homes. Even though I was exhausted it was really fun, for Pat especially.

sunday
We had breakfast plans to meet our friend Molly and her fiance Nick, so we got up in the morning and headed over to Sharon's a breakfast place in Southtown. It was delicious. I have a feeling we will be frequenting that place quite a bit. The rest of the weekend was completely composed of unpacking and going to the old place to grab more stuff. The only thing I like about moving is organizing and getting rid of things I no longer have a use for... but other then that it was a lot of hard work.