• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, June 2, 2011

we found a house!

Me and Pat finally found a place of our very own (finally)! Ok, so we actually found the house a few weeks ago... but I did not want to say anything until everything was finalized. We went by at lunch time today and signed all of our papers and wrote rent/deposit checks, so everything is now 100%. Our official move in date is June 10th, which is coming up quickly, but since we are both busy that weekend, our moving experience might be a little bit spread out.

The house is in "Southtown" Corvallis, not our first choice, but for the size and price it really cannot be beat . Ideally we would just stay where we are now, but while Hayden is going to school that is just not an option for us. It is a three bedroom, two bath, single story home with a small backyard and two car garage. It was built around 2002 and has around 1300 square feet. (I should note that we are renting). Two nice things about the location are: 1) It is away from campus and all of the students. 2) It is right next to a bar that Pat really likes called Murphey's.

I am so beyond excited to be living in our own place again, free of roomates and able to have everything exactly how we want it. Not to mention that we can finally start accumulating some nice things for ourselves, such as furniture and various kitchen items. I am a girl, I am allowed to get excited about that stuff! I want new bedroom everything bad! I think that is what I am most excited about, and just setting everything up and making some home improvements in general.

Here a few crude shots I snapped with my iphone while we were over there earlier. (note the carpets are tan not brown, and the master closet is a walk in!). They are just starting the cleaning process to get it all ready for us.

[[ the front. kitchen. living room views. hallway. master bedroom. walk in closet. bathrooms are almost identical. ]]

There you have it. Many more pictures to follow as we start to move in!