• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

memphis may fire

Last Wednesday me, Pat, and Tony went to Portland after work to go see one of the bands we like, Memphis May Fire. They were playing at a super random location... Branx, formally known as the Meow Meow. I remember going to many a show there in high school. I guess I did not really realize how small of a band label they are on right now. Their set was only like six songs, which was a total bummer, but they put on a great show regardless. I hope they get picked up by a larger label soon so that they can put on a full set next time around. It was sort of culture shock going back in to one of these tiny random venues. We even went out on the floor since there were not that many people there. I came out with some scuffed up shoes and some bruises on my face from crowd surfers (thanks for kicking me in the face chick). Combat boots were a great shoe choice for me. Seriously, they saved my feet. The whole experience did make me miss the Roseland and its 21+ balcony seating. I am spoiled now.

[[ driving in to pdx. montage. industrial. peak a boo. signs. goober. pat. power lines. clouds. tony. you ugly. memphis may fire. ]]

Also, before the show we went and ate at one of our old favorite places, Montage. It is where me and Pat went to eat on our very first date, so I was feeling very nostalgic. :) We took a new picture.

[[ montage, 2011. ]]


Check out Memphis's intro to the show... they started playing hip hop, I have never seen that done before at a show like this! It was sweeeeeet. (not for the faint of heart) haha.