• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

weekend adventures 30

Yay for long weekends! We did a lot more relaxing then exploring and having various adventures... but I do have some imagery from a last minute Saturday wine tasting.


friday night
After work we headed to Salem to meet up for dinner and some drinks with Pats old friend Jimmy who recently moved there from Gresham, making him much easier to see. We ate at a total dive, but they had pretty good cheap food. My side salad had goldfish crackers on it though, which I thought was a little odd. First time for everything I guess. Have I mentioned that my boyfriend is a nerd? After dinner we went back to Jimmy's place where the boys proceeded to play to original Halo game for several hours. I brought my laptop with me for this reason. Thank you fuckyeatattoos, Skype, and Megan Guenther for providing my friday night entertainment. Conveniently enough we were able to sleep at Pats Mom's condo in town for the night.

[[ i finally bought a bottle of cupcake wine to enjoy, coincidently it does not go that well with cupcakes. ]]


saturday
Pats Dad offered us his old really nice BBQ since he had bought a new one. So in the morning we headed over there to load it into his truch. Of course it started pouring down rain right when Hayden and his friend got there to help, but it was a pretty successful endeavor. Spur of the moment Pat decided that rather then heading home we should head over to Carlton to get some wine and taste for the afternoon. This turned out to be a pretty good choice since there were special events going on for Memorial Day weekend that involved lots of yummy cheese pairings. Four silly things: 1) We met an older version of a girl names Meesh we know. 2) The older woman who carded me was literally shocked when she saw how old I am. 3) I think Pat is the only person in the history of wine tasting to do it in an Ironman shirt. 4) We saw a really nice Audi R8 that Pat was super excited about and made me take pictures of.

[[ windy roads. carlton. ironman. cheese. postcards. cake. yum. barking frog. the drive. ]]

[[ sweet ride. ]]



sunday
It was awesome to wakeup knowing that we pretty much had a second Sunday the next day, so we took our time with everything. After breakfast we eventually made our way to one of the furniture stores in town to look at couches and bedroom furniture. But alas, there was nothing to be found. The search continues. We met up with old roomate Rory for a goodbye dinner at B15, as always. Their food and beer is always delicious and hard to pass up. That was pretty much it. We all went back to the house and watched some old episodes of the Chapelle Show, and then went to sleep.


monday (sunday part II)
I FINALLY slept in. I mean really slept in. Until 11... Pat was really nice to leave me alone too when he woke up much earlier. After I got dressed and everything I found him in the front yard scrubbing the crap out of the BBQ. Did I mention before that though very nice, it was extremely filthy? I cannot even believe what a huge difference his hours of work made on that thing. It looks like a completely different grill. I cannot say I was much help. Sorry love. I know he really takes pride in accomplishing tasks like that though. Once we move we can see that thing in action! The rest of the day was made up of the living room and Marvel movies, per Pat's request. Nothing too eventful.

[[ our newly cleaned new bbq. ]]