• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

weekend adventures 29

Last weekend we went up to Brasada again, but this time with Pats whole family since his mom got back into Oregon from her six month hiatus in Palm Springs. I have to say, it is a lot more relaxing over there without high strung parentals and a new born baby... but it is always nice to get away. I cannot wait for some warm weather over there! I really want to be able to sit by the pool again... well, once I get a new bathingsuit(s) that is.

[[ images snapped sunday night. it is so beautiful there! ]]



friday night
Me, Pat, and Hayden drove over the pass right after work and a few hours later were at the house, in comfy clothes, and making drinks and dinner. Pat's mom and step dad were not supposed to show up until the following morning, so we were all very surprised when they walked through the door around 10... Me and Pat had a conversation earlier that day where I asked him how long he thought it would take for his mom to comment on my pale skin, (something she ALWAYS does... it seems hard for her to grasp the fact that not only do I have naturally redish hair, but that we all live in Oregon where the sun never comes out to play). Not even two minutes in, "Oh my god! You are so pale! Have you been hiding in the cave with Osama?!" ... Thanks Lori. I tried to remind her that she lives in the desert where it is 100 degrees year round, but she was not buying my reasoning. Its ok, I am used to it.

saturday
Pat's step brother Chris, his girlfriend Mandee, and their son Maddox got to the house around lunchtime, so we all met up for some food at the restaurant on the property. What is kind of nice is going there so many times in the winter that the server remembers me and Pats names, and does not bother to card us. Good service. Plus, they have really good food. After that we all just kind of hung out, played some games, and had some drinks. Me and Pat won scrabble thanks to a "triple letter tile" and my discovery of the word UZI within our letters. Thank you Pat for playing so many video games?

I had only seen the baby once since he was first born and he looked way different already. It is kind of crazy how quickly babies change. Having the baby around also reminded me how happy I am to NOT have one of those right now! They are our age and have a six month old, no thank you. Maybe later.

[[ uncle patrick and maddox. it is hard to get a clear iphone picture of a wiggling baby boy! ]]


sunday
We went into Bend so that Pat could get some nicer clothes, slacks and such. It was weird to go shopping and not actually do any shopping for myself... I sat patiently outside the dressing room and brought him additional sizes and what not. Let me just say, Pat looks very very good all dressed up, so I did not really mind. :)

After most of the day we headed back to the house for dinner and to open the birthday gift Pat and Hayden bought their mom. A bottle of Silver Oak wine from 1986! It was sooo good. Granted, I only got a tiny bit of it. I guess that is what $120 ish will get you. Having decided earlier to stay over Sunday night and drive home in the morning, we stayed up late playing cards and drinking delicious bottles of wine. The sun actually came out too after raining all weekend long, and I got to take some pictures of a beautiful sunset and double rainbow action.

[[ silver oak 1986 cab. super saturated cork. entertaining myself while shopping. gifts from lori. playing canasta. ]]


monday morning
The morning was rough, I so did NOT want to get out of bed. Everything there is too damn comfortable. Eventually with no choice we got on the road and drove through every type of weather, including snow! I could not believe that it was still dumping snow on the pass!! It is almost JUNE! Then it was back to the grind.