• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

midweek inspiration 11

Hello. I am so off my internal calendar this week, I completely thought it was Thursday and started writing out my post accordingly almost completely skipping my Midweek Inspiration (gasp). Now that I am back on track things can proceed as normal. Warning, this is a long long visually heavy one...


There are many blogs that I frequent each week as time allows, one being Design Sponge, as I have mentioned before. I was looking through some of their recent posts and discovered a "Living In" on the movie "The Secret Garden" which used to be one of my favorites! Curiosity triggered, I thought that I would browse through some of the other titles to see what stood out to me, and I found lots. Thus, my inspiration this week are the "Living In" posts at Design Sponge. (Notably, one of my other favorite blogs Green Wedding Shoes, stages photoshoots based off of movies from time to time, I will have to do a separate post on some of those soon because they are amazing!)

The concept for these is basically Amy Merrick, one of the editors, takes films and creates a collage of items, clothing/furniture that correspond. I can think of many many many more films that I would like to live in, or books that need to become films, but here were some of my favorites included in her posts. (On a side note, I have some long lost movies to find asap...)




The Secret Garden ( A childhood favorite that I am now dying to watch again. I think this film cemented my love for skeleton keys and slightly destroyed looking homes/furniture/antiques... )



Amelie ( One of my favorites for its complete oddness and color palettes. )



Frida ( Because not only did I do a project on this movie in college, but Frida Kahlo was a fantastically original and talented artist, and finally I have a deep love for the Day of The Dead concept and decorations. Picado banners and Sugar Skulls, yes please. )



Dazed and Confused ( I would have done awesome in the 60/70s. Imagine the concerts I could have gone to! Great soundtrack, great movie. )



Romeo and Juliet ( I loved this movie so much! It is incredibly visual, the colors and interior design are fantastic. It is a really unique take on the classic play, and since it came out in '96 when I was a little one, I loooooved Leo like every other young girl. )



Edward Scissorhands ( Tim Burton is a visual genius. Enough said. )



Ferris Bueller's Day Off ( Classic. But I can't believe they didn't include Sloans white leather jacket in the collage!! )



The Big Ledowski ( "It's The Dude, man." )

[[ all images from design sponge. ]]