• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

attempts at a healthier me

I would say that I have a love hate relationship with working out and dieting... but in reality, I just hate it entirely! I am better at maintaining a diet for a long time, but not necessarily in a healthy way. I think that the problem with dieting is that you can get in your head too much and start analyzing every little thing you eat to the point where you do not really want to eat anything at all. Scary thought, but I have certainly been there a time or two. On the reverse, if we do not pay enough attention to what we are eating then most of your food is probably not even nutritionally relevant.

The quickly approaching bathing suit season aside, I want to live a healthier lifestyle... the urge has been creeping up on me for some time, I have just been writing it off or thinking of excuses. I have maintained a good relationship with the gym in the past, but find that after a long day of work virtually anything tempts me away from my routine. My brief stint with running daily was just a joke, I am sure it is great for you, but I just hate it and would rather get my cardio via machine with some weight lifting thrown in for good measure.

This time I am going to try something a little bit different... A morning workout routine. I am sure this sounds completely pathetic, but I planning on starting out with three to four times per week, most likely from Tuesday on. I figure if I get out of bed at 6:15, I can be at the gym by 6:30, workout until 7:25 or so, and still have more then enough time to get ready for work at 8:30. Wish me luck! Tomorrow is day 1 (after a little mishap with my access card this morning, I got up early and everything!) 

[[ delicious snack! ]]

In terms of food, I am not going on a diet. I am going to continue trying to eat balanced meals with lots of veggies. It is my snacking I need to work on getting progressively more healthy. Since Pat is gone this week I have more of a clean slate to work with, as in, he cannot coerce me back into bed with cuddling, or tempt me by ordering a pizza. A two week trial basically. Almonds, string cheese, apples... those sort of things need to be my snacks. That being said, I am not going to freak out if I eat a girl scout cookie or some pirates booty. I am only human, and there is no denying their deliciousness.

If I really get into it maybe someday in the near future I can get Pat to pick up on this too?