• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, March 28, 2011

weekend adventures 24

This weekend was a bit of work, much more math then usual, with a little bit of Saturday night fun thrown in, and of course, Hank Moody.


saturday
I spent a good portion of Saturday morning working on my taxes, trying to make sure that I was not forgetting anything. It occurs to me that I need an actual filing system of some sort, because I do not think that my series of shoe boxes containing different types of paper work are the most efficient solution at the moment. Good news though, with me and Pat's combined returns we should be able to get some new bedroom furniture! After I was done with all of that business I ran out the door to get my hair cut, nothing too exciting, just an overdue trim up. Once it starts getting a bit warmer outside I am thinking about doing something a bit more exciting, maybe with some color even?

saturday night
After Pat got off work we headed to Albany to have dinner and wine with our friends Nate, Alicia, Brad, and Alia. Dinner was seriously AMAZING! Alicia is one hell of a cook. Couscous ("the food so nice they named it twice."), seasoned and lightly breaded chicken breasts, asparagus, and some really amazing wine. Brad brought his Xbox Kinect with him, so everyone played some sports games (except for me, because I hurt my pectoral muscle somehow earlier in the week and did not really want to risk injuring it further). I did however attempt to play one of the dancing games later on. I am pretty sure I only embarrassed myself, all in good fun of course.

[[ bottles. glass. onlookers. cork topper. ]]


sunday
Sunday was not very fun. Poor Pat had to work fairly early, and I had work of my own to take care of, including budgeting to try and figure out how much we can afford to pay for rent at a new place. Our final conclusion was pretty much that it is a complete waste to rent, and we have to buy something, and then rent it out when we want to move and become slumlords. Hmm... not sure how rational this plan is. We did get to watch the season finale of Californication though! I am sad to see it go away for a while once again, but I thought that the season ended perfectly and I was very happy with it. I am dying to watch them all together now. The 'Leave it to Beaver' homage scene = hilarious!

[[ showtime image via google images. ]]