• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

midweek inspiration 7

I would be lying if I said that today did not pretty much kick my ass. Tomorrow is definitely going to be intense, I have so much to do! But, by 5 o'clock me and Pat will be on our way over the pass to Brasada Ranch! I can't wait, it will be JUST the two of us for once. It is keeping me motivated for sure.

I saw a nod to a printmaking artist named Sarah Abbott posted on Creature Comforts at the beginning of this week, liked what I saw, and thought I would check her out. As it turns out some of her pieces are hand drawn typography containing inspirational words, something I could use right now, how very relevant! The content aside, I am mostly drawn to her choice of text styles individually, and how they look all together as a whole. I used to do this all the time in little notebooks, I have several full of hand written lyrics in various styles, this makes me want to get into it again. I also really like her little drawings, "Wagtails" especially, because, well, I like birds... and not in a "Put a bird on it." kind of way.

[[ wagtails. route. best version. nice try. ]]