• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, February 28, 2011

weekend adventures 20

It felt nice to have a weekend again! Even more for Pat who had Sunday/Monday off after working straight for three weeks (no joke). I feel like a lot of activities were packed into a short weekend. Thank goodness for Sunday, because Saturday felt like it, and I was glad for the seemingly extra day.

friday night
Megan came down afterwork to keep me company for the night, and so that we could work on our robot costumes for Colleens birthday party which is quickly approaching. Have you seen the show Cougar Town? Well, I watch it on and off... overall I think that the characters are funny, especially Bobby, so even though I cannot stand Courtney Cox's character who is extremely selfish and manipulative, I do enjoy her obsession with drinking entire bottles of wine out of her "Big Carl" oversized 'wine glass' slash vase. Me and Megan had been talking about this earlier and decided to go to the Dollar Tree to hunt for our very own "Big Carls" to use for the night. We found vases... sweats, drinks, ice cream, and movies ensued.




Hey Megan, I just found out that you can actually buy Big Joe himself online!


saturday
Woke up. Ate breakfast. Watched Space Jam (Jenna's favorite). Had ice cream. Yes, dessert for breakfast. I was having a four year old moment as indicated by Pat. Francisco had posted something about the SJ theme song earlier in the week on Facebook, and since then I had been dying to watch it! It is a pretty ridiculous movie with a lot of R. Kelly music in it. My favorite parts are the bulldog named Charles Barkley, and the fact that Bill Murray plays himself just like in Zombieland.

After some nostalgia we went out in search of some robot party costume inspiration and came back with clothes instead! Epic fail. Corvallis just did not have much to offer in terms of a base idea. I was hoping to find some horrible prom dress at Ross to tear apart and infuse with some parts from Home Depot. This is still the basis of my plan, I just REALLY need to get started!


sunday
Rory came over in the morning to talk about the particulars of moving in. Yes, I get yet another roomate with another lab pup named Harlow. I am a little nervous about both dogs together considering Loki is a terror enough on his own and just last week ripped up my favorite winter hat! Just like my poor earmuffs a few months ago. I think he has a personal vendetta against my warm weather accessories!

To celebrate Pat's day off we went to Block 15 to get some food and beers. It was delicious as always. I had an apricot ale and something that tasted like chocolate and raspberries. After hanging out for a few hours we bought a growler of the Bad Bad Leroy Brown and brought it over to Adam for a little visit. Eventually Adam and Rory ended up back at our place for some more beer, pizza, and the Oscars. A strange combination and not your standard Sunday night. There are so many new movies that I want to see now based on the winnings! I have been wanting to see Black Swan and True Grit since before they came out, but it looks like The Kings Speech will need to be viewed as well.

[[ tasty beverages and sidewalk chalk on the table. ]]