• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, February 25, 2011

"are your parents home?"

First of all, I forgot to mention on my post yesterday that it was my lovely friend Colleen's birthday! (2/24) HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLEEN! (its ok because I made it facebook official, which is ridiculous by the way) Birthday card in the works... It also means that I am officially 24.5 years old, (which is crazy, I still feel 21 most of the time). So a merry unbirthday to me.


On the note of age... Funny Story...

I came home today for lunch to meet Pat, as usual. While we were making some tuna melts there was a knock on the front door... I answered the door thinking it would be someone from UPS or something along those lines, and was greeted by what I would imagine to have been solicitors selling a product, or their church. I thought to myself, well this sucks, because I hate to sound like a jerk to those people, but at the same time, I assure you I do not want what you are selling.

BUT to my surprise their greeting was, "Hi, are your parents home?" While trying REALLY hard to suppress my laughter and slight shock, I figured, I might as well go with it. The rest of the conversation went as follows:

"No, they are at work right now." - me
"Is there anyone here over 18 right now?" - them
"Nope, it is just me." - me (which by the way I would have NEVER said in high school)
"Ok, we will come back some other time." - them

Door closed. Laughter ensued. Facebook status updated.

To give them the benefit of the doubt we do live in a family looking home, I am hardly wearing any makeup today, my sweater has a childish floral pattern on it, and I have a neon orange headband in my hair... but seriously 16? 17? Come on now.

[[ f21 floral sweater & modcloth boots. ]]

Alright, time to go enjoy the start of my weekend. I have some freelancing to work on, and some robot costume making to commence. Hurry up and get here Meguenther!