• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, February 24, 2011

second snow of the season

The weather forecast has been threatening snow all week! Finally last night it started to dump after some feeble attempts earlier in the afternoon. I woke up this morning to the silentness of a snow covered backyard view from my bedroom window, and was able to lay there for a while and watch the giant flakes come down. There are not many things as beautiful as snow in the morning when everything is still.

Based on the fact that literally every public school in the state of Oregon was closed because of the weather (we are wimps) I was really hoping for a snow day as well... but, no such luck. Sadly, the snow did not last and by mid afternoon was pretty much diminished completely. Pat and Hayden did manage to build a snowman for our front yard though before it all went away. I am sure he is still guarding the front door.

I, of course, got some pictures this morning before the snow was too tainted by the warming weather.

[[ my backyard as seen through my bedroom window. loki playing. my street. footprints. making my own tracks in combat boots. cold weather clothes. silent street. branches. our snowman, ruprect, complete with hat and scarf. ]]


For now, I am getting ready to meet up with a girl from my work named Cassie who is getting married this summer and asked me to do her invitations for her! Perfect timing since I have weddings on my mind based on recent events. Hopefully tonight I can get a better understanding of what she is looking for and create something amazing for her and her man! Wish me luck.