• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, February 17, 2011

weekend adventures 19 :: t&j wedding

I usually don't post these so late in the week, but I could not decide if I wanted to do one or not since everything is all about the wedding, which I will have an additional post for tomorrow. Anyway, last weekend I went up to the base of Mt. Hood to celebrate Tiff & Jason's wedding! It was a really fun, cold, and super busy weekend.


friday
I took Friday off so that I would be able to get to Portland in the morning and ride with Tiff to the mountain. Thinking that we were leaving at 11, I got up super early, took a shower, grabbed my bags, and ran out the door. As it turns out we did not end up getting up to the resort until late afternoon instead. I rode in the back seat with Tiff, Cooper (her puppy), luggage, and a box full of succulents.

We hung out for a little while after check in, but then I had to rush off to my room with Ashley Mellott, another one of Tiffs bridesmaids, to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. (I was really excited about wearing a new dress that I purchased from Modcloth for the occasion). The rehearsal was totally surreal..... I met all of the groomsmen for the first time, and then there we were practicing walking down the aisle. When Tiff and Jason finally came down and practiced everything got really really real all of the sudden. I remember thinking "oh my god, she is actually getting married tomorrow!" What is completely remarkable to me though is the fact that Tiff was completely calm the whole time. I think I would have been freaking out.

After practice we headed to a place in the tiny town called ZigZag for dinner, which J's parents were hosting. There was so much unhealthy food there oh my god. Pizza was one of the appetizers.... I stuck to salad. By the time all of this was over I was seriously so exhausted that all I wanted to do was pass out, so all the girls in the wedding party ditched out early to get some sleep.

[[ ashley p/tiffany the bride/sister alicia/me. dinner wine. tiff & her ribbon bouquet. the bridesmaids. ]] 



saturday
I shared a room with two of the other bridesmaids, both named Ashley... so we had to ration out the shower and bathroom so that everyone had enough time to get ready for the day. Us girls all met up for breakfast at the hotel, and then it was off to the Bridal Suite to start getting our hair and makeup done. Tiff obviously went first because her and Jason had some private pictures scheduled at one. She was wearing this beautiful robe that her sister bought her while we were getting ready and looked so gorgeous and happy. Seeing her in her dress, with all of her jewelry and makeup done was seriously amazing. She looked so pretty!!! After Tiff left the makeup artist started on everyone else. I was so happy to have someone there to help me with my hair and put fake eyelashes on me! I am super bad at it myself. Last we threw on our bridesmaid dresses and headed out the door to get our pictures taken!

It was seriously FREEZING outside!!! All we had were some pashminas to keep our shoulders warm, so we were pretty much all shaking the whole time... but the lighting was beautiful and I am so excited to see the pictures! Tiff had a fur that she got at an estate sale draped over her shoulders and with her long white dress and the misty air she reminded me of the ice queen from The Chronicles or Narnia.

[[ the scenery. tiff getting made up. ]]



the ceremony
The ceremony itself was kind of a blur for me. Between trying not to fall down or make silly faces when coming down the aisle to trying not to cry when they were saying their vowels, I was a bit preoccupied. I didn't even look around to try and find Pat because I was afraid I would honestly start crying if I even moved slightly. I guess the whole time he was staring at me smiling because he could totally tell I was trying to hold it in. Before I knew it we were back out in the hallway, and they were officially husband and wife.

the reception
The reception was really fun! I was super excited to see Francisco, who had flown in from California for the wedding! And all of my other friends I had not seen in a while, like Hunter. We all drank, ate, danced, laughed a lot, and took a ton of pictures. At one point the DJ threw on the "Bernie" song... per Jason's request... and we all had to dance "The Bernie Dance". It is seriously ridiculous. One of the stupidest things I have ever seen, but it was highly entertaining. If you don't know what I am talking about here is the youtube video, and here is a post from Mucho Mucho Bueno Bueno about the dance.

Tiff and her family did a great job with the treats and decorations. There was even a candy bar complete with Peanut M&Ms (my favorite) and Ring Pops!

Another cool thing about the reception was how awesome and sweet Pat was being. Pat does not dance, ever... except for at weddings. So, I finally got to dance with him, which was awesome! He also looked damn sexy all dressed up, which I do not get to see very often. (Pat would get mad if I did not mention that it is him all dressed up I seldom get to see... He brings a 'healthy dose of sexy' everyday).

Afterwards we went back to one of the larger hotel rooms to hang out for a little bit, but everyone was pretty much passing out, so it was off to bed.

((( I will save these pictures for tomorrows post )))


sunday
In the morning we all packed up and met for breakfast at the hotel. Tiff and Jason were supposed to meet us there, but instead spent all morning dealing with security and police after discovering that someone broke into their room and stole a bunch of their belongings. Seriously messed up! I wrote a rant about it on Monday.

Me and Pat were originally planning on going further up the mountain to play in the snow, but we were pretty exhausted and not really in the mood, so instead we headed to Bridgeport in Beaverton to do some shopping with our eyes at the furniture stores. We found so much kitchen stuff we want and the perfect couch at Crate and Barrel, and the perfect bed(s) and a ceramic deer head I seriously want at Z Gallery. We really need our own place and money for these things asap! Before heading home we grabbed some dinner at PF Changs, and that was that. I love our long rides home together because we always have the best conversations.


[[ three awesome beds & great bedding. alligator. mr bear. fabulous displays. colorful chairs. huge jacks. ceramic deer head (WANT!!). i am super strong. green cage. mirror mirror. chandelier. arm chair with a lovely pattern. ]]


Long weekend. Lots of activities. Lots more pictures coming up tomorrow!