• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, February 14, 2011

first of all...

Some people have a LOT of f*cking nerve. 


During Tiff and Jason's wedding reception their suite at the hotel was broken into, and they were robbed. Seriously! Who does that!!?? Obviously someone had scoped out the area and knew exactly what they were doing at the time of the robbery. 

The thief took two necklaces, (one of which was a real pearl necklace), all of the money and gift cards that were in Tiffany's wallet (which were wedding gifts!), a camera, all of the champagne in the room, and worst of all Tiff's Mac Laptop... The only thing recovered was her Kindle which was discovered dropped in the parking lot outside of the building... luckily her new case seems to have saved it.

Obviously many of the goods taken were material and can be replaced, but that does not negate the fact that for something like this to happen to two tremendously nice people on their FFFing wedding day is one of the worst things I have ever heard! The laptop held on to all of Tiffany's pictures and design work collected over the past few years, a lot of which is now just gone. I feel so completely terrible about this and cannot even imagine how hysterical I would be personally to have all of that taken away from me. I will be going through all of my pictures this week from the past four years and burning disks of everything involving Tiff to give them... hopefully there are plenty of other people who can do the same to help her build a library back. In terms of her design work... most notably her wedding invitations that she completely made herself, I am just happy that there is documentation of everything in terms of pictures and printed copies. After completing a really long project it may seem like anything happening to the files would be the worst thing ever, but I think having the actual item in your hands becomes more rewarding. I seldom go back to the files after the fact.

I know that the two also got off to a really REALLY rough start yesterday when they were supposed to be heading off for their honeymoon... I just hope that there is enough sunshine and beauty in Hawaii to keep their minds in the moment, and not focused on all of these horrible events...

I wish that the two of them can take solace in the fact that their wedding and reception were completely perfect and beautiful, that their friends and family who love them were all there with them, and that they are now married! In the end, that is all that really matters. 


Oh, and p.s. Hey Apple, I think someone needs a new laptop... wedding gift?