• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

valentines day ♥ (only a day late...)

It is one of the more interesting holidays of the year. I feel as though you either love it, or loath it's presence. My attitude towards the holiday past elementary school was not exactly great, the word cheesy comes to mind. However, now that I have been in a happy relationship for over five years (wow, that sounds like a really long time) I appreciate the idea more and more. For me it is not about giant cardboard containers filled with candy, or a ridiculous balloon or card from the store... it is more about considering the aspects of your relationships, (with friends, family, and/or significant others), noting what makes you thankful for them, and expressing that. If nothing else, I can think fondly of the fact that there are so many people in my life, including my amazing man, and it will keep a smile on my face throughout the week.

[[ my valentines day 'card'... elementary school style. ]]

Me and Pat kept it low key last night... we went to the nicer grocery store in town and picked up some lobster tails, opened up a bottle of wine, Pat cooked while I made themed cookies, and we watched 'The Count of Monte Cristo' (one of Pat's favorites). It was a great Valentines date night in. 

[[ rainy valentines outfit... pink sequin sweater. cookie dough. terra vina. dinner. heart. nutella sugar cookie sandwiches mmm. ]]