• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

weekend adventures 13 :: Christmas

For Christmas, as usual, Me and my little sister Meagan head over to our moms house for Christmas Eve dinner and gifts, and then venture over to my dads for PJs, a little sibling rivalry before bed, and presents in the morning. Not that we ever actually stopped with the whole Santa Clause thing, but it is back in full swing now that we have Dest, which I highly enjoy.

12/23 - 12/26


thursday night (christmas eve eve)
I went with Pats family over to his step brothers house to see him and his girlfriend Mandee's new born baby boy Maddox. Let me just say that infants freak me out a little bit because they are so small and so fragile that I have no idea what to do with them. Right when we got there Mandee sort of shoved him into my arms, so I really had no choice. I have not been near a baby that new since my little sister was born... but seeing as I was in fourth grade the only thing I really remember about that was being unimpressed by her lack of playability. Maddox has the smallest little fingers I have ever seen, so I was pretty much in awe of that. To my surprise Pat actually (completely willingly) scooped him up and held him for a long time. It was a little bit precious. After dinner I had to take off to my moms.

friday (christmas eve)
I celebrated Christmas Eve at my Moms house with my little sister, Grandparents, and step dads family. I got my camera (!) and me and Meagan played around with it for a solid hour taking silly pictures of ourselves. I gave both my Mom and Grandma Norma the paper ornaments that I made and I think/hope that they really like them. After a while we took off to Dads place to meet up with everyone and open our Christmas PJs, one of my favorite traditions. For their Christmas gift, all of us kids had been working on a re-write/illustration of "The Night Before Christmas"... we were probably up until about 3:30am finishing it up.

[[ naughty list? being silly w the little. i surprised meagan with my old ipod touch, she was super excited. ]]

saturday (christmas)
I woke up to an extremely excited Dest trying to coax me and Meagan out of bed to open presents. Everyone made it downstairs eventually and the rest is as follows: Stockings. Locate santa gifts. Open other presents. Take lots of pictures. Clean up the mess. Jump in the recycling bin to pack it down. Make a big breakfast complete with mimosas. Hang out, relax, and watch movies all day. Awesome multi-course dinner. More movies. Exhausted. Sleep. I got a lot of the things off of my Christmas list, and some amazing extras, but more on that later...

[[ presents. dad reading our christmas story. leah & jenna. patty & dest reading her new 'cookbook'. cherry pie. hot chocolate. christmas dinner: butternut squash, cornbread, crab cakes, salmon, steak, and veggies. pumpkin pie. ]]

sunday
I slept in, for once, It was glorious. Then after eating mashed potatoes for breakfast, (I couldn't help myself) we all went downtown to do a moderate amount of shopping and go to dinner. We went to a restaurant called Irving Street Kitchen courtesy of my Grandparents on my dads side. It was one of the most amazing dinners I have ever had! Not only was everything delicious, but out server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and brought me one of the best mixed drinks I have had, after I simply described to him that I wanted something with gin, and do not like sweet complicated drinks. I am really excited to take Pat here sometime in the near future, because I think he would really love everything about it! Especially the most amazing fried chicken I have ever tasted. Then it was back to Corvallis.

[[ irving street kitchen. delicious gin drink. best fried chicken ever. decor. rainy portland street. coffee ice cream/chocolate cookies. butterscotch pudding. ]]

I hope that you had a Happy Holiday celebration as well. I will speak more about my new goodies tomorrow. :)