• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, December 13, 2010

weekend adventures 11

The end of last week started getting a little out of control. I had a ton of stuff to get done for our company holiday party Friday night, thus no Friday post. The party went really well, and looked awesome. Unfortunately I just did not have time to properly document the decorations before the party was in motion, but I do have a few shots of everyone. Other than that I did a little running around, saw my little sisters perform, and watched a few Christmas movies.

friday night
After going 100 mph during the day to get everything ready, I finally pulled myself away from decorating, went home to change, and came back to the office for a pre party cocktail hour. Our office was super full, so I was happy when we all left to head over to the MU Basement where the party was officially being held. Throughout the day me and Karen had hung about 150 snowflakes from the ceiling in the basement, as well as set up some other decorations and it looked really good. Everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun too, including me and Pat, I guess an open bar will do that for you.

[[ location. me & pat. group shot, can you find me? bowling outfit. i signed the snowman. close game of darts. ]]

saturday
Megan Guenther came down in the morning to see me and get out of her house. After stopping by the MU to help the boss man clean up a bit, we headed to Thurston high school which is about 50 minutes south of me in Springfield, (not a very charming town). There was one guy walking across the street as slow as humanly possible reading a book out loud, normal right? Me and Megan also had a serious misadventure trying to get some food when we pretty much drove into the middle of a Christmas parade, in the pouring down rain. Who does that? anyway, I got to see my little sisters do their thing in a cheerleading competition. They got second and were not very happy about it, but they looked good to me, so whatever.

[[ jenna & meagan. meg spinning in the air. jenna floor. dest & meg. ]]

saturday night
Our old roomate Adam and friend Heather, who was visiting from California, came over to have some drinks and hang out. I had started feeling sick though on Friday, and by Saturday night it was confirmed that I had a cold, so while everyone else was having drinks, I was taking dayquill. still it was nice to see Heather again and me and Megan had a lot of fun playing with my "Talking Tom" phone app.

sunday
Pat had to go into work and I was not really feeling up to doing much of anything, so Megan and me put on cozies and watched Christmas movies: "It's a Wonderful Life", "Home Alone", and "The Great Adventures of Winnie the Pooh", which is not a Christmas movie, but we wanted to watch it anyway! Lazy sunday.

Also, sunday was my littlest Dest's 6th birthday! Happy Birthday love love!!