• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, December 9, 2010

home made wreath project

Ok, as promised... as part of my Christmas decoration attempts I made a pretty sweet tinsel wreath. Ideally, I really want one of those AMAZING silver tinsel trees that were popular in the 60s, but remakes are expensive, and I have not been able to find one I like. So for now, this will have to do I suppose.




My materials were:
1) A hot glue gun/glue. 2) Two strands of tinsel (silver and gold). 3) A medium sized whicker ring. 4) Some black ribbon. I already had the hot glue gun and the ribbon, and bought everything else at the dollar tree.

I seriously just wrapped the strands of tinsel around the loop, and used the glue gun to make them stay. I added a little bit of ribbon in order to hang it, and tied a little bow. Viola! Super simple.