• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, December 6, 2010

... thats a funny term, like civil war.

I am not going to post a weekend adventures this week, because the weekend was all work and very little play. I will however focus on Saturdays Civil War game: OSU vs. UO. (sort of a weird topic for me, but I live in a college town obsessed with football, what can I do?)


For those of you who don't know Oregon's college rivalry "The Civil War" lies between Oregon State University (Beavers), and University of Oregon (Ducks). This year it was in Corvallis, and we were unfortunately beat for the third year in a row. Not a great feeling, but the Ducks had a really good season, where as we had a pretty terrible one after loosing one of our key players early on. Considering the majority of my family are Duck fans (for no apparent reason aside from Leah who actually attended UO, and now Jenna who will be going there next year), I am not looking forward to being heckled at Christmas time.

The Beavers had some pretty sweet Nike Pro Combat Uniforms created for the game... they are throwbacks to the team uniforms in 1967 when we originally got the title "Giant Killers". I thought they were sweet, especially the matte black paint on the helmets with the vertical stripe. I feel like for once we looked more flashy than UO. (*gasps*)


[[ osu crowd. my favorite football tshirt. view from the club level. foam fingers. nike pro combat uniforms. ]]

Images from the middle section taken by me. Top and bottom images are from an oregonlive.com article.