• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"don't quit your day job"

I stumbled across this book today when I was looking through Etsy and reading the success stories of people who have quit their day jobs and are now self employed working on their crafts. (which would be amazing by the way). The book "Don't Quit Your Day Job: The Artist In The Office" by Summer Pierre seems to be about realizing the value and potential in your day job, while finding time throughout each day to feed your artistic need.

This is a concept I can totally relate to because it is something I strive for every day. I obviously need my job to support myself financially, and though it is creative in nature, the vibe is much more corporate than my self authored work. Therefor I think of things to work on every day to keep myself engaged with design, and to feel more productive. This blog is a huge part of that. Since starting it in September, I feel like I get more accomplished every day because I am devoting my time to creating something I like. Just for me. Because I want to.

I think I need this book asap.

[[ cover. sketch like artwork from the book. ]]