• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

snowww

Last night it started snowing in Corvallis.

1) It is amazing that it is already snowing (and sticking) in November. 2) I have high hopes that I will get plenty of time this year to play in the snow based on its early appearance. 3) I really need to get some snow gear asap. 4) I cannot decide if I like this or not.

On one hand: I love the snow! It is beautiful, especially in the mornings when everything is so still and silent. Snow also brings along fun activities like snowball fights, attempting to build a fabulous snowman, or catching snow flakes in your mouth and singing the "if all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops" song.

On the other hand: this morning was my first ever experience driving in the snow, and though I only slid around a little bit when forced to break, I am pretty much terrified/super nervous about driving home to Portland for Thanksgiving tomorrow night or Thursday morning (I have not quite decided yet). Pat will be going to see his family in Bend, and taking the Subaru, so I will be forced to take the new car, which handles a LOT differently. I guess I just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings me.

In the meantime, here are some lovely snowy pictures I took today.

[[ branches against the snow white sky. tracks. frontyard. backyard. three. road. ]]