• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, November 22, 2010

weekend adventures 9

This weekend was pretty solid. I got in a movie. Some drinks. A winning football game. Delicious breakfast with friends. And some super cozy footie pajamas.



friday night
Me and Pat drove up to Salem to see the new Harry Potter movie at Cinebarre (as i mentioned before). The theatre was pretty damn nice. Every other row of seats in a traditional movie theatre was taken out to make space for tables for your beer and food. There were even servers who walked around bringing you everything so that you could stay put. Me and Pat got a pitcher of Rogue Dead Guy Ale and some chicken strips that were actually pretty delicious. The other thing that was pretty cool, aside from the sweet vintage movie posters hanging up in the lobby, were the short films (often student work) that played before the movie rather than advertisements.

Personally I was a little lost during the movie, not having read The Deathly Hollows previously. Pat seemed to like it, though he says they left out like 13 chapters in the beginning. I am on Order of the Phoenix right now, and plan to catch up and then see the movie again for some new perspective.



saturday
There was a home game between OSU and USC in the evening, so me and Pat were on campus all day working. The day itself was pretty uneventful work wise, but OSU FINALLY came out to play and we beat USC 36-7. 


[[ movie theatre. reeser stadium. one heart. i found balloons. ]]


sunday
We got up 'early', well earlier then I wanted to, and drove up to Albany to meet our friends Brad, Alia, Nate, and Alicia for breakfast at a diner style restaurant that had some seriously crazy french toast on the menu. Me and Pat stuck to omelets, but the other boys each got the peanut butter honey french toast topped with a corn flake crust (I believe). It was seriously epic. I had one bite and felt like I ate an entire piece of cake! My menu choice was delicious though, so it was well worth the drive.

After breakfast me and Pat went to Fred Meyer for some actual things we needed, but ended up coming home with some animal footie pajamas (inspired by Sam Lee)! I am not sure if I included a picture or not since he was pretty illusive at the time, but Sam was a panda for Halloween, and ever since then I have wanted to get my hands on the onesie he wore. Finally we found them, and I went home with a very comfortable frog version... (I am a really big little kid).

[[ icy sunny morning. pat and toby. faux stone wall, so cheesy, but i love it. breakfast restaurant. frog. succulents. ]]