• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, October 4, 2010

closure part II.

I decided that I have to post a little bit about Johni's service, it was really beautiful and I wanted to share some aspects of it here. I also want to put up a little bit more of her art work I have pictures of. I know it seems like that is all i talk about lately, but it is pretty much all I think about and a big part of my life right now, so that is just the way it is. I promise I will focus on some more lighthearted topics after this... I just feel like I have to 'write the last page before i can close the book', cheesy as that sounds. I do not like unfinished business, especially business as important as this.

The painting below was said to be only halfway finished. I am curious as to where she was going with it because it seems so much more light and airy than the bulk of her works...
[[ unfinished painting. manifesto. ]]


This Saturday, as I mentioned last week, me and Pat attended Johni's memorial service in Estacada. Tiffany also decided to join us there, which I was really happy about. There were a tremendous amount of people, which I thought was pretty amazing. Obviously she has impacted so many people throughout her short span of life. The ceremony itself was beautiful and full of emotion.
Brandon gave a great speech that made us all laugh and cry. One of her cousins read excerpts from an artist blog she held while showing off some of her sketches. At the end there was a slideshow of pictures that took us through her entire life and had everyone in tears. I was honestly surprised to see that some of my photographs I posted here earlier provided the end images in the slideshow, with this image of her being last. That made it so special to me, and I will never forget it. Afterwards they held a little art reception where some of her prints and paintings were on display, and there were even takeaways (some prints of her favorite pieces) tied up with black yarn. Below are some of her works we took pictures of:
[[ title unknown. crane and balloon. raven. lungs. ]]
I am really into how dark and textural these prints are, both in terms of content and color. i would love to have a copy of the 'crane and balloon' to hang on my wall.


________________________________________________________________


final 'word' on the subject :: 
beautiful lyrics to growing old is getting old, by silversun pickups. 


so we all are growing old, and its getting old.
pressure on our hallow bones and the varicose.
suddenly, i decompose. but were not alone.
so we all are growing old.

maybe were sealed in silence. maybe we feel the guidance.
maybe your only vices will keep you afraid and cold.
but i...

memorize your smile lines from left to right.
came to life in childlike reaction time.
were allowed to expire with ourselves in mind.
still we all are growing old.

put out the fear of silence. and put out the need for guidance
and put out your only vices. and dont be afraid of the cold.

we sing. we sing. we sing.
we fight. we fight. we fight.
we cry. we cry. we cry.
we slide. we slide. we slide into the light.

do we sing. we fight. we cry.
we slide. we slide. we slide into the light.

maybe were sealed in silence. maybe we feel the guidance.
maybe your only vices will keep you afraid and cold well...
put out the fear of silence. and put out the need for guidance.
and put out your only vices. and dont be afraid of the cold, afraid of the cold. 
afraid of the time we've got no where to go but here.