• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, September 20, 2010

johni ♥

[[ johni keller. 12/20/1985 - 9/18/2010 ]]

Saturday night my friend Johni passed away from chronic lung failure. She had been battling with Cystic Fibrosis her entire life and has overcome some amazing things. She survived a double lung transplant a few years ago and was doing great for a while. I am happy she was able to gain a few more years from the operation... but it all still seems so sudden. Two weeks ago we were talking about books, and weddings, and painting, and bunnies, and now she is gone. Life is so precious. I am not a religious person, but I would love to think that she is somewhere great now, with her Dad, free of pain, and happy. Really happy.

It is really hard for me to write about this, or look at these pictures right now, but I feel like I need to share them. And I want to remember how much this is impacting my life. She looks so beautiful and vibrant and carefree in them. I am so happy I had her as a roomate so that she could model for me, and for me to be able to have so many of these now. I will never forget you Johni, or all of the silly moments we shared together. Painting in our office. Sitting in the backyard with the mini pools. Our walks to the playground or our swimming spot. Watching girly movies together because the boys wouldnt dare. Talking about 'babies' in class. Quoting Flight of The Concords and confusing everyone. Laughing hysterically about... nothing in particular. Dancing around the house. And just having a girl around all the time to talk to for once. I love you and will never forget you. I will miss you forever my love.


[[ photography project fall 09. i know some of them look sort of somber, but that was my interpretation of the project. i was really trying to contrast that with the bright colors though. still she looks beautiful. ]]


____________________________________________________________________________________


until we meet again <3 <3.