• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, February 7, 2014

my week in pictures 41

monday 1/27 - sunday 2/2

First of all, I can't believe that its already February! Seriously... How did this happen??!!
Disclaimer, last week I was buried in work during the day, and we ate out a lot... so most of my pictures are going to be of food.

We tried Drake for the first time and it was pretty good, probably the closest thing we have found over here to Irving St. Kitchen's fried chicken in Portland. Pat got the chicken and I had shrimp and grits, so as you can see their menu definitely has a southern flair. We also tried out the tagine again with some pork with spiced apples, it was really good (though I preferred the chicken recipe we tried last week). We also tried out Pizza Mondo finally for the first time, which reminded us of American Dream in Corvallis and made us happy. I even had leftovers of the veggie half for lunch today! On Sunday we went over to a friends place to watch the Superbowl, but ironically, I forgot to take any pictures of the delicious spread which included lots of snacks and the best ribs Pat has ever made. The game itself was surprising, but pretty boring. I thought the half time show was better than it has been for a long time though, and I feel like I could totally pull Bruno Mars's gold blazer off too. I liked their style, very old school. The commercials weren't thaaaat great either, but the pistachios one with Steven Colbert was hilarious.

[[ date night at drake: rosemary popcorn to snack on in a little baggie. shrimp and grits with bacon. friend chicken and yams. a delicious grapefruit bevey. work work working on never ending logo drafts. forcing myself in to the gym. our tagine creation. pizza mondo. part of our daily mountain views. fire pit and s'mores after the superbowl! ]]