• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, January 10, 2014

nye 2014 photobooth

For New Year's Eve this year we had some friends coming in to town, but were not 100% sure of our plans before they arrived, so we were unable to get a dinner reservation. No problem, we decided to make a fancy dinner at home and drink some champagne before heading downtown instead. Since I wanted to make sure that we had a decent amount of NYE festiveness for dinner, I created a photobooth out of some materials we had laying around the house.

Lucky for me the curtains that we hung in our living room lent themselves very well as a backdrop. To spruce things up a bit I grabbed an extra strand of Christmas lights, repurposed an old sparkly party banner (removing the words "Keep Calm And" because I am SUPER sick of that whole thing) so that it just read "Party On", hung some unused sparkly gold ornaments on the strings, and threw up some gold tinsel. Viola! I think it turned out pretty damn good considering I "built" it on the fly by myself while the others were out running some errands.

(I thought the flash washed the pretty background out too much, so the colors are a little off, but I think these still turned out pretty good/silly).

[[ makeshift nye photobooth. ]]