• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

year three.

Johni,
I can't believe it has already been three years since you have been gone...

Its crazy to think back to where we all were as people then. So much has changed, yet, I still think of you often as little things remind me of happy memories we shared. Sometimes the correlation is pretty silly, like when me and Pat were at Velvet and a ridiculous Flight of The Concords song came on. I am sorry that I don't write to you/about you as much, thats time I guess. But it doesn't mean that you are any less important in my life. In fact, your influence was crucial to me becoming the person I am today, and for that I am thankful.

[[ i know this picture is super ridiculous, but she looks so pretty in it and its silly so i like it, circa 2007ish. my first attempts at a johni tree painting tonight. ]]

Last year I debated finishing our book but decided against it for the time being, even when another was added to the series. I just feel like I need to do something to commemorate you before I can cut that tie. I also started a painting for you a year ago today, but didn't get further than the background at the time. I guess I was afraid to start and mess it up (I never was as skilled as you were), but tonight I picked up the canvas again and went for it. I am not positive where I am going with it yet, but hopefully it turns out.

I am not really sure what I am trying to say to you today. I guess I just wanted you to know that me and Pat are doing great and that we both miss you and thank you for being the person that you were. I wish I could have known you longer. I think that we could have had some grand conversations in the future about wedding planning and the importance of hanging paper lanterns and pretty lights in a backyard.