• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, February 15, 2013

2nd hand soldiers

Last Saturday I went out downtown with my coworker Amy to check out the band she decided to hire for her upcoming wedding. They are a local band called 2nd Hand Soldiers who keep it primarily in the family. As far as I can tell, the lead guitarist is the father of the singer, and their nephew/cousin rocks the base. Of course there are a few other members as well.

I thought they were pretty damn good. They seem to play a lot of different genres with an overall reggae feel. I particularly liked their adaptations of "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes and "Zombie" by the Cranberries. Of course there was some Bob Marley thrown in there, but more surprisingly was their version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears, which, with some good guitar and drums was not half bad. My guess is that the singer instigated that one... I would definitely check them out again.

Sorry for the not so great picture, it was pretty dark in there and I am not in to using the flash on my phone unless I absolutely have to.

[[ 2nd hand soldiers in bend. ]]