• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, December 28, 2012

weekend adventures 63
christmas part III

Alright, here is part three, Christmas at my dads house in Portland. 


monday night (christmas eve)
It is tradition that every year on Christmas Eve we get a new pair of pajamas to sleep in, and this year they were Victorias Secret Pink onesies complete with butt flaps! At least for the girls. I think these were the best we have gotten so far, and the five of us looked absolutely ridiculous once we all changed, so we had to have a little photo shoot.

[[ christmas onsies! ]]


tuesday (christmas)
Per usual, we all got up in the morning, opened up our stockings, and then moved in to the living room to open the rest of the gifts. This year the siblings (and Pat and my brothers girlfriend Tahlia) all drew names and we decided to just buy gifts for that person, and somehow me and Tahlia both ended up with each other. I got her a turquoise wrap watch from Modcloth, some gold nail polish, and a silvery/grey beanie, and she got me a black sparkly infinity scarf which I really like. Pat drew my little sister Meagan's name and got her the Vans iphone case she has been wanting forever and a ornamented "M" to hang on her wall. Pat got "The Zombie Survival Guide" and some Nike sweats from my little sister Jenna. For my parents, we all got together and rewrote the 12 days of Christmas with little "gifts" for each day and sang/acted them out for them. It was super ridiculous, but I think they really liked it. We also got them tickets to the show "The Santa Diaries" and a gift card for dinner at Irving Street Kitchen so that they could have a little date night. I don't know how we are going to top that for next year.

[[ opening presents christmas morning. ]]
[[ me & pat, me & meagan christmas morning. ]]


After opening all of our presents and cleaning up, we made breakfast and mimosas, and lazed around for the rest of the day. Tahlia had won an Xbox Kinect from work, so I watched my family have some seriously entertaining dance battles. Meagan and Jenna are definitely the best, but Destiny is pretty good too, surprisingly good. The parents had also gotten us some board games to play together, so we spent the evening playing a board game version of The Walking Dead (which was stressful, and not very Christmasy), and Headbandz (where you have to ask questions to guess the person/thing on your card), which I won.

All in all it was a really good Christmas with the fam bam. 
I do another post about presents later when I get a chance.