• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

sad. sad. day.

Yesterday, while setting up some things for a conference at work, this happened. One of the interns smashed my poor baby in the hitch of a company truck, while I silently screamed "Nooooooo!!!!". It is shattered, bent, and the touch screen is completely unresponsive. I am sad. Very sad.


The only potential upside slash ironic timing to this is that the press release for the new iPhone 5 was this morning, which confirmed that pre-orders will begin this Friday, the 14th. Fingers crossed that I am currently eligible for an upgrade... I really don't want to have to deal with a junk phone while I wait, I do sort of use this thing for work as well. Hopefully I will be able to get in on the pre-sales this time around (with the release of the iPhone 4 I had no such luck).

It is a little sad how dependent I am on this little device. It was after all my camera, video camera, ipod, calendar, alarm clock, GPS, email/internet on the go, Facebook checker, Instagramer, partial photo editor, gaming device, and not to mention the way I keep in touch with everyone in my life. It was also my very first smart phone. Le sigh. I am indeed lost without it for the time being...
For how long? To be determined.


RIP iPhone 4, August 2010 - September 2012

((( Update 9/14. I neglected to complete my preorder last night/this morning at 1am when I realized there was no way to change the shipping address to my own as opposed to my parents in Portland which frustrated me to no end, so I gave up. This I regret very much so in the light of day. But alas, I may be phone less for a long time. )))