• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, August 30, 2012

payback...

Hmm... I guess this is Birthday Week, so, lets continue...

Birthdays at work are always super awkward... at least I think so. I am just not a fan of the extra attention when it seems forced, especially when there is singing. I highly dislike that part.

I did my very best to escape by taking my bday off and even removed it from the calendar. But alas, my little trick did not fool everyone for long, and as a punishment I was forced to wear a crown at work on Tuesday for most of the day, and ended up being sung to and force-fed cake after all (the cake part was fine, it was mint chocolate chip ice cream cake after all). :) And don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sentiment and effort, but if I had it my way, we would just work and then go celebrate in our own way.

Its like Jim Gaffigan says:
(from his stand up, Beyond the Pale)

"Cake is a powerful food. Cake can actually bring people together. 
'You know its Bill's birthday?' 
'Yea I hate that guy.' 
'There's some cake in the conference room.' 
'Well I should at least say hello.'"

[[ me being a grump on tuesday. ]]

Moral of the story... don't try to trick your co-workers, they will do what they can to embarrass you.