• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

midweek inspiration 38

This is sort of relevant to my week as I sit here working on design projects and listening to the sweet sounds of Mass Effect 3, which Pat is currently (and every chance he gets) playing. If you need more background for a connection, the game takes place in space.

Now then... 
I stumbled across this series of astronomical drawings by E. L. Trouvelot from a study made between the late 1860s and early 1880s. Aren't they beautiful!? I love the style as well, very evident of the time period. These immediately make me think of the Words Fairs of the late 18 to early 19 hundreds.
I want all of these hanging on my wall, science can be so pretty.

[[ star cluster in hurcules. aurora borealis. the planet saturn. total eclipse of the sun. the planet mars. the planet jupiter. ]]