• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, March 12, 2012

midnight in paris

Tonight me and Pat sat down to watch Midnight in Paris with no expectations, and I absolutely loved it! Neither of us had any idea what it was about, other than the fact that it was set in Paris, by Woody Allen, and were under the assumption that it would be some sort of romantic comedy. We were certainly wrong.

The film takes you back in time as the main character meets all of his inspirations in the height of their careers and falls in love with Paris in a new light. (I will not say more so as not to spoil anything, I think part of the intrigue for me and Pat was not knowing who was going to show up next). The set design and costumes are incredible! And the story itself kept me intrigued the entire time. I want to live in that movie and all of its parties! If possible my love for the 1920s has now grown exponentially and nothing has ever made me want to go to Paris more than the imagery in this movie. True story.

[[ stills from the movie. images via: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. ]]

If you have not seen the film yet I would recommend changing that asap.

For more information on the characters in the movie I would recommend checking out either of these articles: "Decoding Woody Allen's 'Midnight In Paris'" - the ny times / or / "Midnight In Paris: A beginners Guide to Modernism" - the guardian.


P.S. Adrien Brody and his looks will continue to baffle me. No one has ever pulled off gangly better and he somehow manages to be a good looking man... What is that?!

Favorite quote: "...I see, a rhinoceros."