• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, January 30, 2012

the hunger games

I have been curious about The Hunger Games for a while and with the hype about the upcoming movie I thought I would see what the books were all about. I just started the first one today (audiobook) and am already through almost half of it! So, obviously, they are interesting.

A post apocalyptic world that incorporates physically dividing social classes by food rations, grotesque upper class materialism, and a survivor esc. fight to the death competition determined by a lottery system. See, interesting. I am reminded of Huxley's A Brave New World (one of my favorites) in the aspects of "the capital", a short story written in the 20's called The Most Dangerous Game, and surprisingly enough a recent movie called In Time which has class separation by sectors itself.

So far I like what I am hearing.

[[ image from themoviebanter.com. ]]

(P.S. I really hope they don't make the movie(s) too little kid and cheesy, which I think they might since the characters are primarily young).