• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, October 28, 2011

sneak peak

I am starting to get super pumped for this weekend as everything is finally coming together! Tonight I am driving to Portland to meet up with almost all of my design friends at The Crystal Ballroom for 80s night, Halloween style. However, this time none of us are actually dressing up 80s, I am getting my nerd on. I have all of the elements together, though I have no idea what this costume will turn out looking like since I compiled it on the cheap out of items I already had (minus the rainbow suspenders, those I had to purchase, but for only $12, who can complain). To get in the mood I am wearing a Batman shirt today, OH YEA.


Now, Saturday I am really excited about! I am heading over to my friend Brads in the morning sometime to help set up for the party. I have quite the collection of Halloween decor at this point after years of collecting, so I only bought a few more things from the Dollar Tree, (my favorite place for party decorations on the cheap). 



On to our outfits...
Pat and Tony's costumes finally came in the mail on Wed, and mine is pretty much completed, though I am not necessarily your traditional Princess Peach. I bought a dress from F21 as my base, and then embellished it by adding pink sparkly tool (not my normal palette), and a few other little extras. You will see. I really need to learn how to sew though... my glue gun can only get me so far. What I am most excited about are my home made glitter shoes and crown! (I am saving the shoes and diy for another post). 


[[ special super mario cozy for pat. nerd. sneak peak of my dress in progress. making my glitter crown. ]]


And with that, I am off. Have an awesome weekend of Halloween festivities!!!!!