• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, October 13, 2011

fall scenery & acorn squash

The rain is back, the temperature has dropped, the leaves are changing, and pumpkins are starting to appear around town. This can only mean that it is without a doubt fall. (Granted I am a little bit late on this one, but we had been having some surprisingly warm and sunny weather for the month of October, so I figured I would wait). I like the fall, a lot, even though it marks the end of our increasingly short summers here. Layered clothing, scarfs, pumpkin spice candles, a visit to the pumpkin patch, and of course... HALLOWEEN! My favorite! (More on that subject later though).

For now I thought I would post a few images from around town, and a little fall treat me and Pat made for desert the other night. Yes, thats right, a recipe from me. Who would have thought.

[[ fall views around my work building. ]]


[[ acorn squash. ]]


Acorn Squash Recipe 
(brought to you by my Mr. who is a very good cook) ::


All you need is one acorn squash, brown sugar, maple syrup, and butter.
Serves 2.

- Take the squash and cut it in half.
- Take a baking sheet with a bit of a lip like the one I used, and fill the   bottom with water.
- Place each half of the squash peel down on the sheet.
- Fill each half of the squash with a half tablespoon of unmelted butter,
  a tablespoon of brown sugar, and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup (using
  the good stuff makes a BIG difference).
- Leave uncovered and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes,
  checking on it occasionally.
- If the squash is still too hard to scrape, cook five minute intervals
  until it is soft enough.
- When you take it out of the oven it will need to cool for at least 10
  minutes before you can eat it. Take a fork and scrape the squash into  
  the mixture stirring it around so that it absorbs all of the goodies.
- Eat, and enjoy. Yummmmm.
  (It is very easy to alter this recipe to make it more or less sweet).

.