• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

new york new york :: part 9



wednesday night :: (7/6) :: day 6
After the surprise proposal, me and Pat finally made our way down from the castle and out of the park. We made a few phone calls along the way back to the hotel, but not too many just yet. I did have to assure my little sister that I said yes, because me and Leah have had an ongoing joke that I was not allowed to get married until she did, and obviously Meagan took that to heart. We got back to the hotel, showered, changed, and headed out to meet Leah and Adil for some celebratory champagne and dinner. It was so surreal wearing the ring all night. It felt so odd to have something on that finger for once. I was afraid I was going to loose it.

We toasted with champagne at the rooftop restaurant slash tropical getaway 230 Fifth. The view of the Empire State Building was great and the atmosphere was really fun and high energy. We decided to make our way elsewhere for dinner to ensure larger portions, and after much deliberation we ended up at a little place Adil frequents for some seafood, pasta, and wine. It was a super low key night with just the four of us and it was not too long before we made it back to our hotel, changed in to our robes and just relaxed for once.

[[ i look really funny in these pictures... also, there is a leopard. ]]



thursday :: (7/7) :: day 7
We did not really have any finite plans for the day time since we were going to the Yankee game at night in the Bronx, so we were more or less playing it by ear. First we made our way back to Soho so that I could do some shopping street vendor style. Successful by the way. I also wanted to find a shoe store I went to last time in Greenwich Village, so we had a little adventure making our way over there. I did not leave with any shoes, but after visiting BookMarc, which is a bookstore owned by Marc Jacobs... I left with a necklace for myself and a little something silly for Guenther that has yet to be revealed. It was hot as hell Thursday (the worst day I think the entire trip) and we were super hungry, so we made our way to Madison Square Park to eat at a burger place I was dying to get Pat to, called The Shake Shack. So good. I got the Second City Bird Dog, basically a chicken apple sausage with all the fixin's (onion, pickle, tomato, mustard... i do not even know what else). It was delicious. I also got a chocolate shake to wash it down. Pat got a strawberry shake and the Shack Burger. The line was insane, as always, so it took a while, but I personally think it was well worth it, and once Pat had food in front of him his grumpy subsided.

[[ shake shack for lunch. ]]


Nice and full, we headed back to the hotel to change and get ready for the baseball game! Pat was so excited. He even bought a new hat and t-shirt to wear before we left Portland. Me, not so much, but I did have navy stripes on white... good enough.



thursday night - yankee game
The trip to the stadium was by far the worst experience I had the entire duration of the trip, and that included a random chick on a bike screaming at me... like an actual scream "roar" because I may or may not have been in her way. We got down to the subway, which was just sweltering due to the heat throughout the day. Our train required us to make our way to the bottom floor of the station, and with every stairwell it felt like we were descending in to the depths of hell. After waiting around for twenty minutes attempting to find a breeze, train one comes by. It is packed to the brim, and I am not exaggerating when I say that not a single person could fit aboard. This turned out to be a common theme as we watched three trains come and go without any success of entering. At one point, the large older man standing near us attempted to force himself on, only to be shoved off right as the doors were closing. I might have felt sorry for him, had he not attempted to blame me for his shoving. Really guy? You weigh at least 250 pounds, it's not me. Finally after close to an hour, another train came to a stop, the doors opened, I grabbed Pat's arm, forced my way in front of said mean old man, and got inside. Thus began the 30 minute or so trip on a packed train in which everyone was sweaty and touching. Not ideal. When we finally stopped outside of the stadium I was so excited to get outside, but was sorely disapointed when I discovered that the air was just as hot and still as inside the train.

Eventually we made our way inside the stadium, promptly grabbed oversized beers, took our seats, and all was well. They were pretty great seats by the way, worth the hefty price tag I am sure. Pat was super excited the entire time! His grandpa is a big Yankees fan, and he grew up playing baseball and watching Yankee games, so this was a big thing for him. Not much more to say about it. Huge stadium... packed with tons of people... good seats... overpriced, but refreshingly cold beers... cotton candy... happy boyfriend... good night.


[[ finally made it to the stadium. hello. the game. posing. kiss. babe ruth nameplate. silly faces on the subway ride home. ]]


We were going to make our way out to a speakeasy style bar I REALLY wanted to go to, but after the game and the commute back we were done. We opted for a night in instead. Next time.