• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, August 5, 2011

new york new york :: part 12 :: the extras



I have been working on these New York posts for so long that it almost feels surreal to be finishing up tonight. But alas, we have come to a close. This post is not about a day or event, these are pictures of all of the little somethings we accumulated along the trip. A documentation of our souvenirs if you will. Though most of the items are for me, some are birthday presents for my friend Meguenther who told me that I better bring her back something fancy! (Since I am giving them to her tomorrow it does not matter to me much what she sees tonight).


1. Almost all of the restaurants and stores in NYC paper clipped their bills to post cards, so, once I caught on to this I started collecting them. Here are a few together. 


2. Items from BookMarc, the Marc Jacobs bookstore that also sells some of his accessories. I got myself a skull necklace (sorry Leah, I am a copycat), and got a silly condom for someone else. Yes, thats right, they sell special condoms there. 


3. Treasures from CatBird (by FAR my favorite shop!). I got myself a magnifying glass necklace, a tiny ceramic heart box, and a silly little coin for Pat. Ironically the heart box is the perfect place for my engagement ring when I take it off in the morning to get ready. I bought this three days before the proposal. It was the best $10 ever spent! The staff there was also nice enough to gift wrap everything for me, so I got some unique packaging to keep as well! The next time I am in NY I am definitely returning here. 


4. I got the gold skull ring, aviators, and industrial necklace from TopShop in Soho. They had a ton of accessories I wanted in there, but alas, I had to exert some self control. The necklace, even though not even close to the shape, makes me think of bullet shells. 

5. Next are items from the street vendors in Soho when we returned on our second to last day. I got the pocket watch style necklace, the spiky bracelet, and the beetle/scarab ring from a few different stands. The ring is my new favorite accessory and I try to wear it as much as possible. I have gotten a ton of compliments from guys actually on this one. 

6. Shopping bags. 


7. The AWESOME chopsticks I bought in China Town our second day! I was so excited about these!! I have wanted my own for a while, and I suppose this is about as legit as you can get. Plus, they are lovely, and came in a beautiful red box with usage and cleaning instructions. 

8. It is hard to leave NYC without something with the official logo on it. These however are not for me. Call them a perfect souvenir slash house warming present for someone special who happens to love New York. 


9. Some tickets from our many adventures. Various museums, a baseball game, the subway, and even a plane ticket. Yankee tickets close up are in the second frame. Those pins below are from The Met. They give them to you to wear as you tour. 


10. Our collection of Metro cards from the Subway. A week long pass is definitely the way to go. We hardly spent any money on transportation. 

11. "Jews for Jesus"? A random 'interactive' handout. SO so random! Loved it! 





12. Our pocketbooth pictures taken Sunday night at the beer garden in Brooklyn. I wish we would have taken more of these. I love them so much!




Well, I said it once, or perhaps even twice, and I will say it again, BEST TRIP EVER! I had so much fun on this week long adventure to the opposite coast and cannot wait to do it again sometime! I got to go to so many amazing places, meet great new people, spend time with my favoritest older sister, take over 1200 pictures, and of course... get engaged to my man! I had a blast documenting everything, and am so happy with the way it all turned out. These posts are for me above all, and will be great to look back on in the future. Thanks to those of you who viewed them every night with me. Goodbye for now New York. See you next time.