• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

weekend adventures 31

The weather was not quite as advertised this weekend, but close enough to play outside! I did also get some packing done, I promise.

friday night
Nothing exciting to report... I packed. Boring!

saturday
Sunshine finally? Not so much. It was overcast all day, hot though! Megan drove down from Portland and after I got some packing done we went on an adventure and walked to Avery Park to enjoy the heat. After a while, and lots more walking, we ended up downtown at The Crows Nest (rooftop bar/pizza) for some drinks and giant salads. The food is ok, but mainly I love sitting on the roof on warm days. It was perfect. Eventually we made our way back home and had some actual dinner. We also watched Wet Hot American Summer, a high school favorite. It is ridiculous how many people are in that movie!

I do wish that we would have woken up enough to go to the Flat Tail Festival on campus though. It is a free concert they host every year, and last year Minus the Bear was headlining, so I was there of course. This year the main band was Ok Go, and I just did not really care all that much. Still kinda bummed though. Oh well.

[[ walking through the park. lunch at the crows nest. megan. me. scenery. ]]


sunday
I got a ton of packing done Sunday morning with Megan's magazine ripping skills. I had to sacrifice my stash of Elle magazines to cushion all of our fragile living room items. It was a sad sad day. I got almost every little thing packed up from the living room and our bedroom though (in terms of decor stuff/art stuff/books/movies...) So many books! I wanted to do more, but the weather was threatening to storm and I wanted to get out and longboard for a little while with Guenther. Something I have been wanting to get in to for a long time. Lesson one went well. (Thank you Rory for leaving your board behind for the summer). We rode around in the neighborhoods back behind my house for a while until it looked too much like lightning weather for Megan to handle. She is totally afraid of thunder and lightning. I love it. It was extremely muggy out, but alas, we never did get that storm in Corvallis.

[[ magazine pages to wrap my wine glasses. poor empty shelves. guenther working. a plethora of boxes in the back room. ]]

sunday night
Before Megan took off for the night Hayden, me, Megan, and Tony went to B15 for dinner. I felt bad that poor Pat was stuck working baseball, so I bought him a growler of a seasonal beer they have right now called The Hatter's Revenge? Or something along those lines. A glass of Strawberry Wheat beer, and a delicious turkey burger and fries = heaven.

[[ b15. ]]