• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

weekend adventures 27 - part I

Alright, here we go. Last weekend was an epic weekend, as promised! Though it did come with one major consequence, I am the sickest I have been all year long. Boo. So worth it though. There was a trip to the airport, some shopping, a tremendous amount of time spent standing in the rain with my partner in crime Meguenther, an amazing concert (!!!), a little bit of dancing, a birthday lunch date, a small amount of little sister bonding time, and a long drive home. Ready? (I was trying to keep everything together in one, but it is just too big! So this weekend adventures is a two parter... Concert description to follow.


friday
I took the day off to drive Pat to the airport myself so that I could spend some time with him before he boarded his plane to Canada for a work event. He had been working in Portland with our new soccer team the Timbers all week long, so I only got to see him for a few hours Wednesday and Thursday nights. I was pretty sad all morning because I absolutely hate spending time away from him. It is not that we are completely dependent on each other, it is just that I love him so much it hurts when he is gone. Cheeeeeesy. Anyway, we got to the airport early so that we could grab some lunch, but before I knew it, the time had come for his flight to board so I had to say goodbye. I cried. Like a baby. I cannot even comprehend at this point how in the hell we managed to spend our first year together in a long distance relationship! There is no way I could do it anymore! After dropping him off, I rushed home to my dads, changed for the night, and headed downtown with Megan for our crazy adventure I have been talking about.

In short, the adventure was me standing in line for four hours for a hefty reward. The long version will be posted tomorrow, along with a full description of the concert! It is just too much to fit in here. The concert in one word was amazing. More on that tomorrow as well. If it seems like I am being sneaky and non descriptive on purpose, it is because I am! I think the tale of the Deftones show is a pretty epic one and it deserves a bit of build up.

[[ sneak peak. ]]


friday night (post concert)
Tiff had already gone home for the night because she was not feeling great. So with our concert buzz, me and Megan went over to the East side to meet up with Colleen, Sam, Morgan, and Hunter. We did not realize, however, that they were at an actual dance place, and we were way over dressed, so it was freaking hot in there! The place was kinda chill though. It was definitely a dive, but they played funky dance music, actual funk, from the 60/70s, it was way nicer to dance to then the other crap they play in clubs. We stayed there until closing but when everyone split up we decided to head home. At this point I was not feeling very good at all. My sore throat from earlier was killing me now and no amount of water could help it.

[[ kids dancing at the good foot on the eastside pdx. ]]


saturday
I slept in and then met up with Megan for some shopping. We avoided the mall, but I had no idea that Nordstrom Rack would get me into trouble, well, I might have had an inkling. I ended up finding some over the knee boots though on super sale, so it was a win. We also went to Target, which I love but never get to go to, and I found a cute new purse/bag to carry my laptop around in! Then we headed to Adorn, a piercing place in Beaverton where we have gotten like everything done at since high school. I wanted to find some new gages, but sadly, nothing was the right size. Megan decided to get a new piercing on her ear though. I pretended to be texting but was totally taking pictures of her funny facial expressions. Saturday night we were supposed to get back together after I met my parents for dinner, but I was starting to really feel crappy, so I stayed in at my dads and went to bed early.

[[ me sneaking pictures, she makes some great facial expressions when in pain. ]]


sunday
Breakfast with the parents. A trip to the craft store with the little sister. Failed attempts at making brownies. Seeing baby Landon for the first time. And a pretty terrible movie. That was my afternoon. It was impossible to get a hold of Ms. Tiffany, who I was supposed to meet up with for birthday lunch. So we ended up meeting around dinner time instead. I was not feeling good at all though, so it was a really short visit. Hopefully, I can actually hang out with her for a bit longer this coming weekend. I should be over the plague by then. After a quick stop at American Apparel I had a long drive home, and then passed out almost immediately once I hit my bed, only to wake up the next morning feeling like death.

[[ tabi's baby boy landon. dest and jayden being silly little girls. ps, mcdonalds = yuck, no thank you. ]]

Tomorrow the rest of the concert info will be posted.