• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

weekend adventures 25

Sorry, I decided on no Monday post. It was a half day and I was honestly super tired after catching up on everything at work.

Friday it was sooo nice out here! It was almost a shame to leave town. 71 degrees, that has to be a new record of some kind for April 1st. We had made plans to head over the pass one last time before Pat has to be away from home for work a few weeks in a row. :(

friday
We took off a little early and headed over the pass, this time we got there before dark, which was awesome. It was gorgeous outside and not too cold either. Super mellow night though... dinner, drinks, and the history channel... only because the TV was broken and it was stuck on that one. We do not have cable at home, so the one chance we had access to over 800 channels, no luck. Just as well though, we were both totally lame and passed out super early.

[[ clouds rolling in. forest. the last of the winter trees. tights. ]]


saturday
It was FREEZING! Amazing how one day it could be 70, and then next in the 30s. We drove to Bend to do meet up with Pat's dad and go to some wine shops. Though it was freezing it was amazingly clear outside and gorgeous, there was even a wedding going on in the hotel across the street from where we had lunch and they were taking pictures right outside. Weird, I feel like we just did that with Tiff. After lots of wine, some gumbo, the discovery of a jewish newspaper and a Big Lebowski "The Dude" kit, we headed to Sun River for some dinner. Finally we got back to the house and Pat decided to make some margaritas... for some reason, and insisted on drinking them out of grape vines as straws. He is a little kid. Seriously.

[[ sunshine. french translation. pat. pattern. ]]

sunday
It was way warmer out, and unlike last time I actually had my memory card with me, so I took my Nikon and me and Pat went for a walk around the ranch. I finally saw a jack rabbit too! There are so many out there. I will post some tomorrow.

The drive home was pretty uneventful... a bit of snow and some Dutch Brothers (the employees there are waaaayyyyyy too peppy for their own good by the way). I did snap some pictures of the Snow White trees though once we got back near town.

[[ leaving brasada. latte. snow white trees. ]]