• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, April 7, 2011

our growing book collection...

I have mentioned before that I have a thing for books... I am not always all that in to reading, but have always loved collecting them. Since me and Pat discovered Barnes and Noble's Leatherbound Classics Series a summer or two ago, we are obsessed! Not only are they beautifully packaged/designed, but they include some of my favorites and some very notable novels that everyone should read at some point in their lives.

Earlier this week Pat went online to buy something from their website, and I asked him to purchase "To Kill A Mockingbird" for me, because I have been wanting to re-read it for a while, and guess what I found?! B&N just released more books to the collection, including "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", another I have been trying to find for quite some time. I am equally excited about adding these two to our collection as I am about finally reading them again.

We do not have the entire collection, but at this point we are pretty close... keep them coming! I should probably pick up Jane Austen's book at some point, I have actually never read any of her novels. They also just put out "Dracula" which I think would be sweet to have.


[[ new books. our collection. ]]

My goal is to work on reading most of the top novels throughout history (the ones I find appealing at least), or re-read them if necessary. Here is a little list that someone compiled... I wish I could remember the name of the book that this came out of, (I will try to find out and put that information on here)... I snapped this picture on my phone while over at a friends house on Superbowl Sunday.

[[ "books everyone should read in their lifetime". ]]

I can cross off some of these, but a long way to go. I should probably start with the boldest ones and work my way down... "Brave New World" is one of my recently re-read favorites.