• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

midweek inspiration 2

I guess I am totally out of the loop, but I had not heard anything at all about the Google Art Project prior to exploring some blogs this afternoon, (thank you Creature Comforts). I promptly checked out the website, spent two full hours exploring, and did not even come close to seeing everything. It is pretty amazing! Not only can you view selected pieces from various art museums around the world, but you can completely zoom in to really explore the textures, brushstrokes, and various materials used to create the work. I really hope that they continue to expand on this because I would love to see more works in circulation. Having minored in Art History, it would be really amazing to see some more of the imagery I studied for so long in a bit more detail.

I picked a few pieces that grabbed my eye while I was exploring, two new to me, two not so new to me. I think it is pretty incredible how different each painting is stylistically.


- Swaying Dancer :: Edward Degas- Starry Night :: Vincent Van Gogh ( I actually got to see this one in person! )
- Portrait of Giovanna Tornabuoni :: Domenico Ghirlandaio
- The Mall in St. James Park :: Thomas Gainsborough ( I had never seen this before, I just love her smirk, it is like she has a secret )